Saturday, October 6, 2007

cervically challenged



i think i must be one of the only people to have her cervix basically sitting on her descending colon. i always say before the speculuum 'my cervix is very posterior' and then i always get a suprised 'WOW your cervix really IS posterior' after several uncomfortable minutes of poking around. just why my anatomy should be this way, i don't know but it is a literal pain in the butt.

the doc i saw yesterday was really a nice guy, very kind. (does a male gyno seem weird to anyone else? are they very into women's health? i don't know that many female urologists). he was very methodical and thorough throughout the procedure, and as gentle as he could be. it still hurt through, and caused me to have the runs (lovely) and gave me cramps all day. today i felt much better though and played in an ultimate tournament. it warmed the cackles of my heart to see so much beer drinking on the sidelines. one guy on my team decided to make a beer smoothie (battery operated blender, natch) to save him the time and effort of eating the banana and orange and then having to drinking the beer all seperately. it looked like foamy, chunky regurgitated urine. but he drank it, said it was ok, but typically he likes his beer smoothies with less pulp. ICK.

so, the countdown begins again.

4 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

What a perfect graphic for the occasion! I love it!

Sorry the procedure was uncomfortable. Fingers crossed for ya in the 2ww.

LJ said...

Golf clap for the beer smoothie. That's pretty awesome.

Geohde said...

My cervix pops into view at the suggestion a speculum might be interested. Such an attention hog.

J

Meghan said...

I've heard of some hard core drinking at various softball and kickball tournaments but a beer smoothie!! Wow!! I'm impressed (and nauseous )

Good luck with your 2ww